Saturday 16 January 2010

First Prints of the New Year

Well I finally managed to get to the studio this wee. We've had so much snow since the week before Christmas which made access to the studio somewhat hazardous. It has been 20 years since we've had the volume of snow we did this winter.

I was getting very anxious with the deadline for the spring exhibition at the Biscuit Factory having not made any prints since the end of November. I started on two new plates but as yet I haven't managed to get a print I'm really happy with. I'm playing around with different colour palettes and of course it always takes time to get to know the idiocyncracies of a new plate and how to bring out the best in the collagraph textures I've set up.

I have a new Apple MacBook which I am struggling to get to grips with because although i have used Apple's in the past when i worked at a graphic designer more recently I've been a PC girl. So although I have uploaded new images on to the Apple I am struggling to upload them onto here. There seems to be no means of selecting individual images just the iPhoto file which can't be right but I can't figure out any other way just now. If any of you are familiar with Apple MacBook and know how to do what I'm trying to do let me know.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...